Microsoft Office 200 Premium

Discussion in 'Software' started by Joxer, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Joxer

Joxer Private E-2

I use XP and Office 2000. I keep getting a pop-up which says 'Installing Microsoft Office 2000 Premium' . I cancel it but it is proving difficult to get rid of and freezes the application (always Outlook - I think) until it finally disappears. Any ideas how I can kill this thing off for keeps?
    Thanks very much,
    Joxer

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

are you getting the popup from your program, or are you getting the popup from websites that you are visiting (mostly ie, netscape does better)? i have seen that popup from a few "shady sites" (ie. gambling, etc.) i've been too. i'm not saying that's the case just trying to get more info. also, if you have auto preview (something like that) in outlook set, and you click on an e-mail (like from an unknown person), that could also be doing it? g/l, sos

3. Joxer

Joxer Private E-2

Thanks Sos - it occurs when I am using Outlook and generally when I open an email - the emails are all of the standard run of the mill variety.
    Regards,
    Joxer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds