microsoft office 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by cob, Feb 19, 2006.

1. cob

cob Private E-2

On my new Microsoft Office Student Teacher Edition it says that I can Install it on three diffrent PC's. Do they all have to have the same Ip address?

As always , Thanks,
    Cob

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Well good question Cob, I just read the EULA and no mention of needing to be the same IP ( as some users may have 2 separate internet connections hence 2 IPs ) for activation purposes, but they do say that usage is limited to the same household and for non-profit purposes so if you were using on install for a business then you would be breaking the EULA terms.

Office EULAs
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/eula/en.mspx

3. cob

cob Private E-2

Thanks, I am aware of the rules for the non profit part. I do however have 2 different Pc's in 2 separate households hence the question about Ip addresses.

As Always, Thanks
    Cob

4. 2kflhr

2kflhr Private E-2

When I purchased MO '03 directly through Microsoft I asked if I could install on each of my two computers in my house and was told no, only one computer.

5. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

The EULA for the Student and Teacher's edition states: "Installation and use. You may install a copy of the Software on three personal computers or other devices in your household for non-commercial use by people who reside in your household." This mean the computers are in your household for use by people living in your household.

It depends upon which version of Office you purchased not all have the same EULA.

6. cob

cob Private E-2

What defines in your household?? My laptop, well, is NOT connected to my house in any way shape or form...... Hmmmmmmmmmm, does this mean I can not use my copy of MO3??

Thanks,
    Cob

7. cob

cob Private E-2

In fact, because of all of this run around, I did not, and will not register MO3. SoI guess I should be able to install on the labtop. Right?

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Well the laptop install should/will be fine, I did check on my works MS Office 2003 VLK licence and I can install it on a desktop and laptop even tho the laptop will not necassarily be in my household all the time a desktop in another household would be different.

as for activating... it may well actually need activating not being a VLK version thus will alert you to activate within 30 days... you can activate via your home ( aka desktops location inet connection ) and then move the laptop wherever your located.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds