Microsoft Office wont send emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by pierreshannon22, Mar 13, 2009.

1. pierreshannon22

pierreshannon22 Private E-2

The computer OS is XP sp3. we use outlook to connect to the server to recieve emails, duh, but the last couple days outlook wont send the emails out of the outbox. After sending for so long the system will give me a sending error, 0x8004210B, stating that operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending SMTP server. i recieve emails with NO problem and the only way for me to get an email out is to close outlook then reopen and they will finally send. can anybody shed some light on this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What is Office version and Service Pack?

Options are in the MSKB
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827349
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827349

Also if you have a Firewall and Antivirus Software then disable them to test if they are blocking outgoing emails, if that works ok, then if your Antivirus has Office addon protection disable that. Plus tell us what Security software you have installed?

If on a corporate network and its using Exchange then chat with your IT team on this as it could be a setting they have to change.

3. pierreshannon22

pierreshannon22 Private E-2

im using office 2003. when i created a new mail profile and set up the same account i was able to send mail and recieve mail so this leads me to believe that my old profile was corrupted. what can i do about fixing my old profile or how do i change all my data to my new profile???

:crap

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds