Microsoft Publisher 2007 Macro problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by jonobugs, Jun 25, 2015.

1. jonobugs

jonobugs Private E-2

Hello,

I know the software is dated, but it's what I have to use. I created a publication from scratch and it had no problems in it. I sent the file to a co-worker (who is a bit of a newbie) and when I got it back there was a macro warning. She has no idea why there is a macro warning either and we would both like to get rid of it.

I went to the VBA editor but there are no macros or coding anywhere, but I still keep getting the macro warning. As far as I know I didn't paste any strange objects or coding. I really want to get rid of the warning as it's a real pain. Any suggestions?

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

jonobugs...

Have you tried changing the macro security settings?

Tools->Macro->Security->Enable all macros (not recommended...)

I have no idea why this would be true, but maybe the warning is there because you received the finished file in a from another location instead of creating the file on the PC...or at least maybe Publisher/Office thinks so (or at least that it was updated from an outside source, etc.). I don't understand security in 2007, but things like this tend to happen I have found...like the security sub-system concerns reflected in the finished 2007 at the time of its release were a work in progress in Office in general.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I can look at it if you feel comfortable sending it to me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds