Microsoft Security Essentials 4.0 (final) released

Discussion in 'Software' started by COMPUABLE, Apr 27, 2012.

1. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Microsoft Security Essentials 4.0 (final) released (MSE Version: 4.0.1526.0 -- Date published: 4/24/2012)

The MSE 4.0 release is available via the Microsoft Download Center and the MSE Web site.

According to Microsoft:
    "This update to Microsoft Security Essentials is part of the standard product update release cycle. This version of Microsoft Security Essentials will be made available to existing customers automatically through the Microsoft Update service. This service update contains product enhancements to improve performance and user experience. We have improved on Microsoft Security Essentials' Automatic Remediation, which will automatically quarantine highly harmful threats without prompting the user to take action as well as minor bug fixes in set up, malware remediation and other areas." ​

The latest version runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. The 4.0 version has been in beta since late 2011

Side Note: (I learned of its availability from a post on CNet today.) I hope it is OK to post this message here in the MajorGeeks 'software' forum section. I actually tried to send a 'private message' to Major Attitude about this, but was unable to do so; as I got a message that stated that Major was not accepting PMs... Also I checked and the MSE 4.0 final version update was not currently available in the MG downloads section.

Good Luck! -- COMP

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Correction: I just re-checked and Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 4.0.1526.0 is actually available for download here at MajorGeeks ;)

Good Luck! -- COMP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds