Microsoft Security Essentials - Not recognizing scans

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. I use the scanning tool regularly. But now it's not detecting that I've run both quick and full system scans and repeatedly shows an exclamation mark on the icon in the lower right of my screen and when I open the program up, it thinks that I haven't completed a scan.

A few days ago during a full scan (didn't pick it up in a quick scan), it did come up with http://www.microsoft.com/security/p...oit:Java/CVE-2010-0840.DR&threatid=2147646182 I've since deleted the old Java and verified I have the new.

I've tried re-installing MSE and the problem still persists. I scanned last night, a full scan, it's still not detecting it.

Should I just go back to Avast?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

That fixed it! Thank you very much.
    :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds