Microsoft Sidewinder

Discussion in 'Software' started by elitekman, Feb 6, 2005.

1. elitekman

elitekman Private E-2

I have a Sidewinder 2.0 game controller

first off...i'm on windows XP

I tried to install my microsoft sidewinder 2.0 game controller on my system...and it wouldn't let me on my OS...so I changed the combatibility mode and now I get the message:

"Your game card is configured improperly, not working correctly, or not there. For more information, consult your Windows 95 documentation."

anyone know what to do? thanks

2. KAOSInc

KAOSInc Private E-2

I had that problem about a month ago (it also happens with my mouse occasionally as well). Using a multimeter, I found that I had a broken wire in my cable(it's always near where the cable enters the controller or mouse). It's caused by the back and forth motion of the mouse or with the controller, constantly being picked up and put down or just tripping on the cable. All I did was cut about two inches from my Sidewinder controller and then resoldered to the wires inside the controller. The plastic mould around the cable at the controller is a small hassle but is easy to overcome. When you cut the wires on both sides of this plastic mould, pull hard on the cable to remove most of the cable from the mould then hand-turn a drill bit (the same size as the cable) to remove the stubborn plastic and reuse this mould. Get some electrical tape and turn it around the cable(it forms a cylinder)to stop it from coming out of the controller(or just use superglue). This works every time for me!

3. David983es

David983es Private First Class

Is it the device that isn't seen, or is it the software that isn't installing?

If it is the software and you have SP2 installed, that is the problem. Believe it or not, the Sidewinder software sets off the incompatible with XP alarm that is in SP2 and will not install at all. The drivers that XP installs, are more up to date anyway.

Also, the downloads on the Microsoft site are no newer and don't work either.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  4. KAOSInc

KAOSInc Private E-2

I have XP with SP2 installed and my Sidewinder software installed without any problems. Even a month ago I uninstalled and then reinstalled the programme thinking that my problem was a software issue but it wasn't. The programme is installed, appears in the taskbar and works fine so I do not understand why it didn't work on your computer David!

5. David983es

David983es Private First Class

No idea either, never really used it much though. I have a Precision Pro Joystick (non FF) and the games that I use it in allow mapping so I just set it up in the game options.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds