Microsoft Sky drive crashes

Discussion in 'Software' started by ejemmila, Feb 15, 2014.

1. ejemmila

ejemmila Private E-2

Dear,
    I have used for a long time Microsoft's Sky drive having a folder on my comp. and of course a cloud. Both cloud and folder were synchronized and small icon appeared at the bottom of my screen and showed also when synchronizing occured. Since some time (do not know exactly when, either what preceeded), my comp. folder crashes. My Soluto program announces simply "Sky drive crashed". Synchronization disappeared, but cloud works.
    Soluto announces perhaps as a cause:

Suspect: skydriveclient.dll
    Crash No. 5_4851c2a9-98ab-bef8-0ea4-decc1443f721

Can somebody give advice, how to make full functionality or do you think should I try to reinstall it totally. Read something about "sky drive" renaming, but it was said, it would work without problem with new name, too.
    Thanks in advance
    Ejemmila

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?
    The Skydrive desktop app was removed from Windows 8 by default as it has a built in one, but if you are using any other version of Windows then I would uninstall and re-install the Skydrive desktop app again and direct it to your Skydrive folder (if you have moved it from the default location).

What storage space is default with your Skydrive account and what amount of space have you used? e.g. I have a 25GB account and have used 1GB of space.

The re-name to OneDrive will not affect your Skydrive account or storage, it will likely come in an update to the online and desktop apps at some point soon.

3. ejemmila

ejemmila Private E-2

Dear DavidGP,
    first, thanks for advises
    second, answers to yr. questions:
    - I use WIN 7 with latest pack
    - I am not sure about whole storage , but I still have available almost 7 GB
    - uninstallation is the possibility, I was thinking about, too.

The way to uninstall it, I shall find somewhere, but if you can advise me, it would perhaps be simpler for me.
    Thanks again
    Ejemmila

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds