Microsoft Text-to-Speech engine install WIn XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by lea1943, Jul 24, 2008.

1. lea1943

lea1943 Private E-2

My hard disk crashed on my laptop, and am trying to reinstall MS Streets on the new hard disk, we lost everything, when I try and install MS Streets it says I need MS Text to speech engine
    I downloaded it from MS web site I installed it, when I go to the control panel I don't see it anywhere, and I still get the same message, when I try and install MS Streets 2007
    I have Windows XP. We are traveling and I really need the streets to reroute the trip . I hope someone can help, thanks
    Lea

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Silly question but have you restarted your PC as Text to Speach needs a re-boot to fully install?

3. lea1943

lea1943 Private E-2

Sorry I should have mentioned that yes I did, I rebooted several times. Since we are traveling, I am on and off the computer quite a bit, turning it off and each time I try one more time to see if some miracle has occurred and it is working. I am sad to say it still doesn't show up

Any other suggestions would be so appreciated.

Thanks Lea

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds