Microsoft Update; Error number: 0x8DDD0002

Discussion in 'Software' started by thomsonir, Mar 22, 2009.

1. thomsonir

thomsonir Private E-2

Recently upgraded to Vista from XP. Now cannot run Windows Update manually. Also, I haven't seen the automatic update icon in the taskbar so don't think I am getting the automatic updates either. Nonetheless, Security Center says I'm OK.
    I have tried two of the fixes mentioned on the Microsoft site. The first was to delete the cache in Internet Explorer. This did nothing. The second was to change the permissions in the registry. However, when I came to the final step in that process, Vista would not allow me to change the registry.
    Most of the solutions I have encountered seem to reference XP rather than vista. I would appreciate help with this problem.

2. thomsonir

thomsonir Private E-2

Thanks Dom. My mistake. There is no problem. I need to lose my bad XP habits. Both your solutions worked well for me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds