Microsoft Visual Studios Error 1311

Discussion in 'Software' started by ccureton1337, Jan 12, 2008.

1. ccureton1337

ccureton1337 Private E-2

During the Microsoft Visual Studios 2005 Setup, this error message pops up...

"Error 1311.Source file not found: d:\_172_RTL_x86_enu_CRT_Sources_Intel_mt_objs.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it"

Does anyone have a clue as to what this means and what i should do??

Thank you

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do you have three CDs?
    Does this error popup after the first CD is run? If so, just put in the 2nd CD and continue. You'll get the error again (from what I'm seeing at an MS site), just put in the 3rd CD and eventually it will install.
    I also assume that D:\ is your CD drive.

If this is wrong, please let me know.

3. ccureton1337

ccureton1337 Private E-2

d: is my cd drive. I only have two disks. I dloaded the vs 2005 from a school website. This error pops up during the installation of the Microsoft Visual Studio component of Disc 1.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Put in disk 2 and continue and see if it installs.
    Appaerently, from what I read, instead of requesting the next disk, this error pops up instead.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds