Microsoft Windows Live Safety Center

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Nov 1, 2005.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft Windows Live Safety Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get full service for your PC

Windows Live Safety Center is a new, free service designed to help ensure the health of your PC.

Check for and remove viruses
    Learn about threats
    Improve your PC's performance
    Get rid of junk on your hard disk

Use the full service scan to check everything, or turn to the scanners and information in the service centers to meet your specific needs.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS IN BETA
    http://safety.live.com/Template/hom...DC9-4154-8C03-ABA23DD4421E}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest

The microsoft Anti-Malware Engineering Team can be found here
    http://blogs.technet.com/antimalware/

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

And just because it is Microsoft, I guess that is why it is "Fishy".

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Thanks for the Heads Up.... Nick :)

Yeah... why "fishy"?

MS web based beta's of late all have a plain white look about them, if your thinking its a spoof site.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Could be a false positive Kaula. I think for once Microsoft is going in the right direction, and using Live to get the information they need in designing Vista or the next OS is definitely the right way to go.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Great way to also check what programs are on your PC. What you run regularly and whether the M$ ones are legal, at the same time. Bazza

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds