Microsoft Windows XP Critical Updates [15-10-03]

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Oct 15, 2003.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft Windows XP Critical Updates [15-10-03]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE THERE HAVE BEEN FOUR SECURITY UPDATES RELEASED TODAY.THEY ARE
    KB828035,
    KB825119,
    KB823182
    KB824141
    FOR FURTHER INFO AND TO DOWNLOAD THESE UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE MICROSOFT WINDOWS UPDATE SITE WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

time for a WU run :)

4. Ezaxs99

Ezaxs99 Ether Person

WindowsUpdate Page

Is anyone else having trouble wih the update site?

I have been on both puters here at work and the page will come up...but when I click on the "scan for updates" the entire page freezes and goes nowhere...I am unable to even close the window....without using end task....

All other sites ... as this one, come up and I am able to navigate fine.....

Maybe update is overloaded?...This only started today....
    Both puters have IE6 with SP....one is WinME and the other is
    98SE...none of my internet configs have changed....

Any ???

Thanks....just curious....maybe the site is loaded now.;)

5. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

No problems here, except that the download of one of the patches took a looong time, probably because the site is so busy. No problems post-installation.

Faithful old System Restore kicked in and made a new RP as soon as I started downloading patches, then made a new one before each of the patch installations. Wow!

No wonder I have so many RPs to clear every week when I do the weekly housekeeping! Nice bits of insurance!

6. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

I trust their patches like I trust their RPC2 fix :rolleyes:

(For those that don't follow BQ even with the patch it's still possible for a remtoe DoS, remote execution still theoretical)

7. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

When drowning you are ready to grasp for any straw there is given to you :)

8. Ezaxs99

Ezaxs99 Ether Person

Re:Update Site

I Do have XP Home at home....but I normally keep the ones at the office updated too and when I read about the new patches for XP....I went to find out if there are any for the two at work....In case you all were wondering if I could read?:):rolleyes:

Anyway...I'm still not sure why I can't get to the site unless it's because of the 56k thing....dialup....I guess I'll wait until things quiet down on that page....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds