Microsoft wireless mouse problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Forest, May 22, 2005.

1. Forest

Forest Private E-2

Hi,

have has the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 for the last few days. My probes with the mouse. I keep getting a message saying that the batteries are low and that I should replace them. I know the batteries are fully charged. Even the mose software says the bats are charged.
    Is there anyway of disabling this message or is there a reasonable way of sorting this out before I take a sledge hammer to it!! Breath 1 2 3 4 ....

Alsyou can suggest a better wireless optical keyboard mouse package, that would be great.

Forest

2. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

That is a strange one. Not really sure as to the solution to your problem, but as far as a suggestion for wireless keyboard and mice combo I would suggest looking into getting one from Logitech if you cannot fix your problem!

3. Junior Jeeves

Junior Jeeves Private E-2

Even though this is not a fix, it can be a work around for your issue.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager

Click the + next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers to open the drop-down list of available Host Controllers.

Double-click the Host-Controller to bring up the Host Controller Properties Window.

Advanced Tab > Check “Don’t tell me about USB errors”.

4. Forest

Forest Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I have disabled the usb error reports and still I get these reports. I have tried 3 different brands of batteries and now my patients is running short. Has anyone else had this problem?

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Have you tried calling Microsoft?

6. Forest

Forest Private E-2

Is that possible for a meer pleeb like me to contact the almighty Microsoft. Fair point, I didn't think of that. Will give them a call and see what happens.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds