microsoft word defaults

Discussion in 'Software' started by cssc, Mar 28, 2012.

1. cssc

cssc Guest

Is there a way to change them so the stupid thing doesn't change the font size back to 11 every time I change the font style?????
    Or what are the names of those simpler typing softwares again?
    I'm stuck with a borrowed laptop til we get a new motherboard...

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Don't use Word if you aren't accustomed to it, it's just too complex, but all Windows versions have Wordpad built in. It's a simple WP and may meet your need.

4. cssc

cssc Guest

I need complex for the project I am doing. I am used to Openoffice. I hate it when computers think they know what you want!!

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

It's just using defaults which, knowingly or otherwise you have either set or accepted. In Word the document defaults are contained in templates, of which you can create as many as you want. You will need to read up in Word Help on templates to get around this particular problem.

6. cssc

cssc Guest

I was able to set the font default that I wanted, but saw nothing that would keep it from changing the font size without my permission.

7. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Word does not change font sizes by itself. If you change the font for selected text, it will keep the size as it was.

However, there are many instances where it may go back to the default size, e.g. when you start a new paragraph, without having changed the size for the entire document.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds