Microsoft Word naming document program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Squirlatheart, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Squirlatheart

Squirlatheart Private E-2

Hi all,

On an outside chance, do any of you know of a program that will automatically name documents within Microsoft Word for you? I am using the program to transcribe documents and have to manually go in and name them each time which is time consuming. I heard there was such an entity and you guys were my best resource for any ideas. Thanks for all your teachings.

Squirl

2. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

Microsoft word comes with a built in feature that will automattically name each your new docs but you will have to take the time to set it up. Sooooo,

Be sure to get the step by step instructions by clicking on the office assistant and searching for "master document" then select create a master document.

Once you have this done you can choose to insert existing docs or not and as the instructions explain every new sub document you create or insert will be given a name automatically.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds