Microsoft Word Problem Prints Blank Boxes???

Discussion in 'Software' started by MZPRESTO, Nov 1, 2007.

1. MZPRESTO

MZPRESTO Private First Class

Hi

I have a word document with a table on it, some of cells are shaded different levels of Gray with text over the top and this prints fine.

I haven't seen the original doc, but a colleague edited the table and it all looks fine on the screen and fine on print preview, but when the document is printed 5 of the boxes just print out completely blank???

I can't for the life of me figured it out?

I have checked table > borders and shading and on the 5 cells in question the settings match all the other cells that print ok

If I add a text box over the cells and type something then this shows on the printout, but I need the text physically in the table

Any suggestions???

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Make sure you have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools > Options.

See if that makes a difference.

Steve

3. MZPRESTO

MZPRESTO Private First Class

Matacumbie, it wasn't "Drawing objects" but you my friend are a genius! It was on that same screen, there is an option "Background Printing" which was checked, when I unchecked it it printed perfectly!

I'd never have found that!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :D

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

That was my next suggestion. LOL

Glad you figured it out, good job. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds