Microsoft Word/Words Skipping

Discussion in 'Software' started by Itsme1, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Itsme1

Itsme1 Private E-2

Has anyone ever heard of words skipping when typing? I am trying to type (even posting here) and as I type my words do not flow from left to right but go here and there. For the most part it will work well but then skips, I can be here typing and all of a sudden my line moves to line one or the middle of the page.... I am not sure what is going on or how to fix.

I hope this post makes sense.

Dell
    Intel
    64 Bit
    Core

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack and What Office version and Service Pack are you using?

What Security applications do you have installed?

Possibles are your security apps are causing a stutter or lag in the keyboard input registering with Windows and the Office app, so disable yoru security apps to test this out.

Could be that your keyboard needs an updated driver if one from Microsoft or Logitech etc check that drivers are not needed or have updates.

Could also be VGA driver, so check an updated one is not available.

Boot to Safe Mode (F8 at boot) and then try typing in a document, is it ok?

What model Dell do you have?

3. Itsme1

Itsme1 Private E-2

Uh Oh, I just updated to Windows 2010.
    Not sure of the security etc... I am going to look and will post back.

:-o Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds