MicroSoft ZX6000 LifeChat Headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maynard, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Maynard

Maynard Private E-2

Anyone have this headset? I bought it for the GF so she can talk to her daughter in Europe but the computer does not recognize it. It says it's USB 1.1 and up compatable and all my other USB devices work in their slots, yet no matter which slot I plug in to nothing is recognized.

The computer is a 2004 Dell Deminsion 2400 and the 6 USB ports are supposed to be 2.0.

2. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

Read the installation instructions. Some USB devices have specific instructions on the order of installing driver software/plugging in the device.

3. Maynard

Maynard Private E-2

ROFLMAO, gee no kidding.

Added info: The package states compatable with USB1.1 but 2.0 is recommended. However researching the web I found where it states the USB ports need to be powered. Tried installing it on a newer machine, after letting the dog eat the instructions and had the same problem. I am going to try getting a powered USB Hub and see it that solves the issue.

4. Maynard

Maynard Private E-2

Buying a Belkin Powered 4 Port USB Hub did not solve the issue, it is still not recognized when its plugged in. (and for anyone still wondering if the directions were followed, yes, step by step). This POS is going back to the store today, we already picked up a Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 and it works great with the exception of the leash. (cord)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds