Midnight brain fade--formatted drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, May 13, 2005.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

About midnight, last night, after rearranging what hard drive I boot from in the BIOS, I fdisked and formatted my E drive. I would like to get info back, if possible.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35766 was an old link for this, according to my Excel database, but it has been deleted.

Can anyone recommend a program that might allow me to get my E drive info back.

I have not done anything further on "E" since stuffing it up. I was rearranging drives and data prior to installing XP Pro. YEP, I lashed out yesterday and paid out AUD$117 for an upgrade copy and wanted to install it on "C" after I had copied all "C" to"D". Then I was going to wipe "C" and install XP Pro on it. "E" was for safety, plus some old info from W95/W98 days.

Hope someone has good news for this disaster. Bazza

2. mga

mga Private E-2

how many hard drives are you running on that?

also, once you format using fdisk "all information will be lost"

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

4. bigbazza

2 harddrives and a total of 3 partitions over both drives on my laptop.

Bazza
    ===

5. bigbazza

Thanks Halo. Will give it a try. Bazza

===

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

You bought XP Pro upgrade for AUS$117?

That's pretty good, well done!

I'm sure once you settle into it you will enjoy it a lot more than 98.

7. bigbazza

Harvey Norman store Cairns, Friday the 13th sale (yesterday). 13% off for Friday the 13th. yep XP Pro upgrade Academic price, with Service pack 2 included. Bazza

===

8. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Ahhhh,
    Caveman Jumps from Stoneage.

9. bigbazza

Offer too good to refuse. Gonna have to learn all over again. 2 friends have XP but they have little knowledge of PC's was another reason. Bazza

===

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

have you managed to recover any data Bazza?

11. bigbazza

No luck so far. I have most of the stuff on another hard drive, anyhow. I have 1 x 30 gig and 2 x 10 gig drives for my laptop. Major problem is that I only have 1 secondary caddy for the 2 x 10 gig hard drives so would have to disassemble the caddy and install second drive in it. Not a major problem, but I was trying to avoid this. Need to buy a second caddy anyhow, but they want around USD$75 (AUD$100) and I have been putting it off. Gonna have to bite the bullet soon. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds