Migrating to a new hard drive with an active Matlab license

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ghandurah, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ghandurah

ghandurah Private E-2

Hi,

I want to do two things.The first is to be able to change the bootable hard drive with a better quality one without having to re-install OS/Utilities/Applications/Data...etc.---just transfer the entire image and physically switch the drives, which I know I can do using Acronis or symantec ghost (for Acronis I think I should use: Acronis Migrate easy, and for ghost I should use Norton ghost, please correct me). But I am worried about the active licenses,some applications (like MATLAB) actually link the license to the drive name and identify the computer as such. Any idea how that could be performed through an image? Or does the license need to be de-allocated and allocated to the newer drive?

The second is to be able to copy from a RAID setup to another RAID setup. How can it be done?

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds