Migrating Users to New Machines

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rollotamasi, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Rollotamasi

Rollotamasi Private E-2

Hello all

I am a network admin for a community college and am having a bit of a issue. We have recently purchased 300 new computers for are administrative staff and will be swapping them out over the coming weeks. What I am looking for is a way to make moving the users to the new computer easier. I am not worried about moving the programs because all the programs are included in the new images that will be pushed out to the new machines. What I would to do is be able to move the users profile (Documents, desktop, bookmarks, etc).

Does anyone know of a way to do this that is fairly straight forward or perhaps a piece of software. Right now the best I can do is copying the documents folder, desktop folder and exporting the booksmarks manually to a network drive and then copying them back to a new profile on the new machine. Is there something that would let me migrate an entire profile to a network drive and then just move it back?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds