Mikogo Releases Mac Beta Version for Online Meeting Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Andrew_Mikogo, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Andrew_Mikogo

Andrew_Mikogo Private E-2

Hi Everyone,

Andrew here again from Mikogo. As before, I'm just keeping everyone here at MajorGeeks informed of the latest Mikogo developments. If you haven't heard, Mikogo just released the Mikogo Mac version. Mikogo, the free desktop sharing tool, now allows anyone to start or join a meeting from either a Mac computer or PC.

Details on using the Mac version: http://www.mikogo.com/mac

If you'd like further info, leave a reply or contact me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Mikogo

Cheers,
    Andrew

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Andrew

Cheers for keeping up upto date with this heads up on the MAC version, I remember suggesting your application for Windows a year or so ago, nice options for a free netmeeting application.

David

3. Andrew_Mikogo

Hi David,

You're welcome. And thanks for recommending Mikogo.
    We're working on further releases and features for Mac users, which will be posted on the website and blog. Will keep you posted on this.

Cheers,
    Andrew

4. Andrew_Mikogo

Hi David,

As I mentioned, we have been working on further features for Mikogo. This week we released the new Mac Beta version with remote keyboard and mouse control.
    This allows you to start a meeting from a Mac or PC, and then assist others via remote support, regardless of whether they join your meeting from a Mac or PC. Now Mikogo can be used as a cross-platform tool for not only web conferences and online meetings but also remote support.

Let me know if you'd like more info.

Cheers!

Andrew

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Andrew

Many thanks for updating us on this great free app for netmeetings, wow cross platform, this I know will be a bonus to many users as in industry its nto just PCs used but in many areas MACs so this new addition is great option.

Just wondering if you have a Windows 7 compatible version or will XP/Vista version work fine, to be honest I should try it out myself to gain the answer btu wondering if you have been trialing Windows 7 and Mikogo?

6. Andrew_Mikogo

Hi Halo,

Yes the PC version of Mikogo has been tested on Windows 7 with positive results. In general it is very similar to using Mikogo on Vista - same performance and same features available.
    Feel free to test it out for yourself on Windows 7. Or set up a remote support session or web conference between a selection of Mac and Windows computers, and take Mikogo for a spin :)

Cheers!

Andrew

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds