Military Time Excel

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wgarcia, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Wgarcia

Wgarcia Private E-2

Good Morning,

What I'm trying to do is create a schedule in excel which adds two cells containing military time without a date ex: [2200] + [0600] into a total numbers of hours. ex: [2200] + [0600] = [8.00]

I've done this before I thought I just used a simple SUM function, I can't seem to get this for the life of me. I want to just be able to enter a time and excel understand what I'm talking about. I used to simply type the times into the cell and it would appear as entered. Typing "2200" into a cell would appear as [2200], which is what I want.

Currently, I've changed the format to hhmm and when I type "2200" into a cell it appears as [0000] when I click the cell to see the value, the value has defaulted to "1/8/1906 12:00:00 AM".

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate the advice. I know it can't be too difficult because I did this on a whim about 4 months ago and decided not to use it.

I worked for a company who used this as well, its where I got the idea, in February we merged into a new company which uses an absolutely insane schedule format that is difficult to read unless you're working with about 10 employees.

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds