Mind Blowing WIndows Update!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by SavagePotato, Jan 10, 2008.

1. SavagePotato

SavagePotato Private E-2

Someone needs to seriously take Microsoft to task on this update.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943302

The second application listed for compatibility enhancement is WinAntivirus Pro 2007.

Microsoft has released a compatibility enhancement for one of the worst rogue apps in existence. I have lost count of how many machines I've had to clean the virtumundo trojan from on account of this malware app.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Its a compatibility enhancement for many apps. Also, knowing that Microsoft hires an outside company for their tech writing (which does a piss poor job of reviewing), it doesn't surprise me that something like that made it in there (the article). Also, being that MS constantly updates their articles, I'm sure it will be edited out at some point. Sooner than later, hopefully.

At any rate, the update isn't a problem, its whats in the article. Its important that you make an important distinction between the two.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Fed this one back to the contacts I have at MS, nearly choacked on my coffee when I noticed that, as Aryn said many updates are from outside contractors, I know this as many bug reports I send it, gain an "external" tag, to their status.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Update, my contact on the Vista beta team, has passed this along and while its now ammended to remove WinAntiVirus Pro, the KB document is still on route to being changed, but will be soon to reflect the change to the KB download file.

Cheers for highlighing this :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds