Mini-itx device... mp3 hifi

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldfish, May 16, 2004.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I've just had a great idea for a mp3/media manager for the living room. Basically, its a mini-itx motherboard in a custom made case, with a TV out, audio out and a CD drive and small Hitachi HD, and a wireless lan card. The house i wanna use it in has a wireless network set up.

What i wanna do is load Windows onto this machine, and program it to only start Winamp (or another media player) on startup. So you'd have the winamp interface on the tv (in this house is a rather large TV). I'd get an IR remote with a trackball on it, and program it to do some common tasks automatically with buttons, like play, stop, rewind, next track, "rip CD"... radio browser, arrow keys, enter... that sorta thing.

If you put a CD in the drive it would load it up into your playlist automatically. if you press the "rip CD" button it would rip the whole album to the hard drive. It would also have an LED display thing on the front with the current action being displayed.

This will probably be quite a big project for me, but since ive never done anything like this before do you guys have anything to say about it? All advice is welcomed. Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds