Minor word problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by old dog, Feb 5, 2008.

1. old dog

old dog Private E-2

Hello all, hoping someone can help me.
    I am using XP Home.
    When I am using word (2003 I think) and I go to use the envelope and label function, I find that I have to manually set the mailing adress address position every time. It is always on auto which puts it in the wrong place.
    When the envelope size is set it stays as the default setting. I was wondering if the address positioning could be saved also?
    Thanks. old dog.

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Almost any document can be saved as a template. Look in drop down box, in save as window, and click to save as template.
    I keep one saved with a blank document that I saved the envelope .(click save to document) Just print page 2 (envelope)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  3. old dog

old dog Private E-2

Thanks baklogic,
    Your suggestion works like a charm. I guess I'm not cut out for this computer stuff. Everything seems so simple and logical after somebody tells me how to do it!
    Thanks again, old dog

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Don't knock yourself, we all had to learn, and many, like me, wanted to throw the pc out of the window, when we started, but gradually find it less complicated, and there is always majorgeeks.
    We have a great bunch of admin, technical, malware removal, and some exceptionally good registry geeks here - I am learning all the time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds