mirror image on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Techiegirl, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Techiegirl

Techiegirl Private E-2

ok cannot find anything on this on the net anywhere.

Monitor is showing as a mirror image from right to left. Have tried everything to get this back but nothing works and we have never had this happen before. Any ideas?

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I presume you mean the whole screen picture is left/right inverted, not just paintshop showing a flipped image?

Is this the pc, or the monitor or the lead causing this? Check by substitution.
    How is the pc connected to the monitor?

3. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Hiya, Techiegirl

Not heard of that problem before - you have probably already tried these, but here are a few things if not:

Checking the video card settings. Most modern cards let you rotate the the monitor display . . . perhaps there is some setting that allows you to mirror it as well. I imagine it would be difficult to check, since the display is reversed - I suppose you could use an actual mirror to right the image so you can check.

If you are able to, have you tried another monitor on the PC? That at least would pin down the problem to the monitor or the video card.

Or, if you are comfortable in doing so, remove your video drivers and re-install them. This alone has cured tons of video problems I have had in the past.

Not much help, I know. Let us know how it resolves - I'm intrigued!

Good luck! :)

4. Techiegirl

Techiegirl Private E-2

Thanks the only thing I havent tried is the reinstalling the drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds