Missing afd.sys after running TDSKiller

Discussion in 'Software' started by jrmendez10, Apr 5, 2014.

1. jrmendez10

jrmendez10 Private E-2

Hello,

I'm kind of in a bind here. I had a redirect virus on one of my machines and used Kasperky's TDSSKiller because Malwarebytes and Norton couldn't get the job done. TDSSKiller worked, but now, I have no internet connection. After some research, I found that I may be missing afd.sys. (My apologies, as I am a noob to the world of system repairs) A little more research lead me to run Farbar Service Scanner Version: 25-02-2014, but I am stuck at this point and do not know what to do with the results. I've attached them to this post.

Windows 7 Home Premium x86
    Toshiba Satellite L505
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @2.1GHz 2.10GHz
    3 GB RAM

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

According to that log, the file exists where it should:

There is even a back up copy hanging around.

3. jrmendez10

jrmendez10 Private E-2

*Face Palm*

I posted the wrong results. Here are the proper scan results:

Attached Files:

4. Kestrel13!

Run MGTools. Instructions here: Using MGTools

Attach the MGlogs.zip once done.

This is probably the backup though so we can replace it quite easily I think.

5. jrmendez10

jrmendez10 Private E-2

This is odd...I haven't had a chance to try your suggestion. In between you post and this reply, I went out to run some errands. I came back, started up the machine and I had internet connectivity. The only problem is, there seems to be advertisements playing in the background and I can't find which one it is. I tried running TDSSKiller and Malwarebytes again, and found nothing. Should I proceed with your suggestion?

PS - Thank you for taking the time to work with me on this. I appreciate it very much.

6. Kestrel13!

No problem at all. You should get yourself into the Malware Removal forum read through the procedures and attach the requested logs. There's malware to be cleared.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds