Missing Control Panel Component

Discussion in 'Software' started by †Zachæriah†, Nov 27, 2006.

1. †Zachæriah†

†Zachæriah† Private E-2

I have somehow lost one of the components from my control panel. I downloaded ZoneAlarm and Diskeeper about a month ago and when I did I noticed the sound on my computer had changed back to the way it was before I set my equalizer. I went to the control panel and realized that the shortcut that had been there to give me access to the equalizer was no longer there. I am up to date on all of the latest Windows updates, I attempted searching the Microsoft website and couldn't find any topics on it. Anyone got a clue?

2. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

3. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

For some reason the link isn't posting. This is what the article says:

Sometimes, for various reasons, icons disappear from the Control Panel in Windows XP. This is easily remedied by downloading TweakUI and doing two things.

Open TweakUI and select the "Control Panel" menu option. Make certain that all of the options you want are selected. Once you have done this, go to the "Repair" menu option, and make sure that "Rebuild Icons" is selected. Hit "Repair Now"... Your missing Control Panel icons should have reappeared.

Download TweakUi here: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/tweakuixp.html

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  4. †Zachæriah†

†Zachæriah† Private E-2

neither one of the links you posted are working, it takes me to an error page every time.

5. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

Try the TweakUi link.

6. †Zachæriah†

†Zachæriah† Private E-2

Nope that didn't restore it.

7. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

Try this:

Start >> Run, type in "mmsys.cpl" (without quotes), click OK

8. †Zachæriah†

†Zachæriah† Private E-2

I can get to the Sound and Audio devices properties, there was another shortcut next to it that let me adjust the equalizer for better sound quality that's missing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds