missing file reference

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toke, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Hi all Geeks.. Installed a replacement mobo and my new 1Terrabyte HD all was running fine completeing a 600gig folder copy to the 1 Ter. Today (2days later) I go look for the old 600 gig folder and there is no written reference to it. Have tried folder Search accessing through Disk Management but No Go. The Drive itself is a 750 gig and looking in properties it shows as nearly full so the folder is still there.. Any ideas guys ??? Simple solution I suppose is to Format the 750 and copy over from the 1Ter. but thats too easy lol ;)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Toke

The OS in question is?

Is the drive letter seen or not, either in My Computer, Explorer or Disk Managment?

Try unhiding folders in Folder Options View.

Is TweakUI installed on this PC? if so make sure that no drives are hidden in My Computer > Drives

3. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Apologies Halo for not putting OS in .. I'm using WINDOWS7 beta trial .. With your help I highlighted the (D) drive where the missing folder was then used the 'Folder Options' whereby I ticked the Show hidden files and folders but that was of no avail. Tried several other boxes in there but until I checked the 'include subfolders when typing in search' . I then created a library went into search and typed the folder name and the list came up of what was in there came up. I then in that page made another folder with the same name as I had lost moved it all into there then moved it to ''D'' drive and Bingo we now have it solved. But the puzzling part is where the hell did it go originally ?? but there again thats computing :-D thanx again Halo

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds