missing folder options

Discussion in 'Software' started by Caliph, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

hi,
    a couple of weeks back, i installed service pack 2 for winXP. but now, i an`t seem to find the folder options... i can`t find it in the control panel. the help says tht it is in the folder options.. but when i follow the steps provided in help ,i don`t find it.
    wats wrong?
    :confused:

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Well if I open a Folder (any) and goto the "Tools" menu Folder Options is down the bottom (4th) have you done this yet?

3. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

:eek: or course.. tht was my first choice.. then in the help file i saw tht it was in the control panel.. went htere but could not find it..
    now wat?

4. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

:eek: or course.. tht was my first choice.. then in the help file i saw tht it was in the control panel.. went htere but could not find it..
    now wat?

in the TOOLS menu there r only 3 options.. the third one being. "Synchronize"

thanx

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Go to Start > Run > type in regedit and locate the key below. If you have a "NoFolderOptions" set the DWORD to 0. If that solves the problem you can go back and just delete it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Steve

6. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

hee hee.. i`m a newbie using the reg. so.. wat did u exaclty mean when u said.. "set the dword to 0"? i have the NOfolderOptions in the specified location. now wat? wat d i modify it to?

thanx

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

Double click on NoFolderOptions, then type in 0.

Or better yet, just delete that key. As in highlight "NoFolderOptions" then press the delete key. Yes to delete.

A non-mouse clicking way to access folder options.

I love my rundll32 commands: Rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHELL32.DLL, Options_RunDLL 0

8. Preiman

Preiman Private E-2

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. If you are not sure about what you are doing it might be best to set a restore point before you attempt any changes in the registry. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/kimsey1.mspx

If NoFolderOptions is present, you should see over in the right-hand pane that it has a DWORD = 1 value. You can either delete the entry or change the value of the DWORD to 0.

1. To change the value double click on NoFolderOptions and replace the 1 with a 0.

2. If you want to just delete the entry right click on it and click delete.

Close regedit when done.

Steve

10. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Sorry guy's......I was typing really slow and being careful. :)

Steve

11. theefool

theefool Geekified

No problem. I was about to ask, if my reply was wrong via PM. :)

12. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I appreciate the help my friend. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds