Missing msvcr70.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by gulfvis, Feb 26, 2005.

1. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

I need to replace MSVCR70.dll
    I believe I have it downloaded but do not know where it must go to work properly.
    Can anyone advise me what to do?
    Thankyou

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

I would try C:\WINDOWS\system32 it should work. This particular file is used by many installed programs so its all over.

3. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

Can I just put the file in that folder ?

4. bjgarrick

Yes, if it does NOT fix your problem then I would move it back out. If this does not solve your problem let me know.

5. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

After moving the file to Windows/system32 I rebooted and got the following Error.

ccApp.exe-Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry poin_job function not located in the dynamic link library MSVCR70.dll

6. bjgarrick

What norton products do you have installed? First of all, let me ask what let you know this dll was missing?

7. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

I am using Symantec Antivirus Corp.Edition
    After rebooting I recieved the original error message informing me that I was missing the msvcr70.dll

8. bjgarrick

In the error that first advised you that this dll was missing, did it have anything on it as far as what piece of software was missing it. Like I said many installed programs use this file so it could be anything.

9. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

This is what exactly what the first error indicated.

ccApp.exe-Unable to Locate Component
    This application has failed to start because MSVCR70.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

10. bjgarrick

Do you have the disk for the software? If so, I would recommend you uninstall and reinstall this software. I cant find anything on this particular error and I dont feel comfortable placing .dll files not knowing exactly where they go. If this doesnt work which it should let me know.

11. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

I had to uninstall the AV and reinstall it and that corrected the problem. Thanks for your patience and help.

12. bjgarrick

Your Welcome! Glad you got it fixed :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds