missing MSVCRT10.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by peyz, Mar 16, 2010.

1. peyz

peyz Private E-2

Hi.
    I had a portable photoshop CS3 that was working quite fine. then one day, I got greedy (and lost my freaking mind) and download & added some extra filters and brushes.

after that I havent been able to start the application!
    and it shows the error message saying the MSVCRT10.dll file is missing. try reinstalling ...blah blah blah.

- it wasnt in the recycle bin.

- did a virus, malware and spyware scan and nothing was found.

- I did a system restore and it still doesnt start!

- I removed my old photoshop and installed a new one. and the same problem still exists!

- I tried another photoshop (CS4) and the problem remains!

- I did a little research on this forum and found a related thread (for CS2). but the solutions didnt help (hence the new thread here).

now, I'm literally climbing walls as I really depend on photoshop for many of my jobs! I'm also not very computer literate like many of you experts, so I appreciate a dumbed-down solution from the gurus here.

thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

Did you create your "portable" version form the original retail versions of Photoshop?

Try this http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/329/329782.html and see how you get on,

3. peyz

peyz Private E-2

^ Got a new windows 7

and the portable cs3 was borrowed from a friend and I dont have the CD!
    But I have access to a couple of other new CS4 portable apps. tried them and still didnt work!

in adobe website they suggest removing the plug-in folder in case we've added new 3rd party filters .
    I removed the whole app with all its folders, then reinstalled a new one and still didnt work!!

ps: is it possible and more importantly, SAFE to download the .dll file ?

4. peyz

peyz Private E-2

I lost my nerve and finally downloaded the .dll file ( since the adobe people did suggest it too).
    But it didnt help !!!

so I restored my comp to last week's.
    Now, I can open my OLD CS3, but it says many of the default brushes and filters are lost or missing!!!!!

Now, I'm scared to download any new filters & brushes to replace the lost ones because .... well, you get my drift.

I'm stuck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds