1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Network connection, says 'a program' is trying to connect or disconnect - can

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by legierke, Oct 7, 2009.

1. legierke

legierke Private E-2

Hello all.
    I am struggling with a internet issue for two weeks now....cuz i'm lazy and rattled.
    I use a music file sharing program that will remain nameless (SS).
    I have used the new version that has to be DL'd. It has worked with no issues for at least a month.
    Last week I am downloading some songs and all of a sudden all the people on my user list go 'offlilne' and I can't reconnect the program.
    When I go to my Network Connections icon on my desktop, right click to disconnect it says i can't because 'there is another program trying to connect or disconnect.' When I go to my network connections folder in Control Panel there is no connection, icon or anything. I have runa virus check (Norton Corporate) and nothing, virus defs are up to date.:cry
    HOW do I find out what is trying to connect, how do I get back online, how do I do anything?????