Missing Operating System Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by sevenismagic, Oct 29, 2011.

1. sevenismagic

sevenismagic Private First Class

Hi, Geeks!

Calling from L.A. this time. I live with a family, and my friend just bought a home build with 3 Hard Drives - running Window 7 Ultimate. It was working fine. All he was doing is surfing the net.

He shut it down, and now it comes up with the system information followed by
    Missing Operating System...

It has every cable and wire has been re-seated. There are 3G of RAM total. All re-seated as well. There was an attempt to reinstall the OS, but it wouldn't boot from disk either.

I'm at a loss. The only thing I can boot into is the BIOS. I guess it's time to learn about home built PCs.

All help, hints and links are appreciated.

He needs to call the dude he bought it from, but the number is lost. I'm also working with a little bit of a language barrier.

Gracias!
    :major

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi mate , i have been to L.A four years ago , i supposed you have hdd
    problem , go into bios sellecting default settings , other solution is to repair win 7 ( you must have win 7 dvd though ) , this thread is helpful i think !! :wave

http://windows7themes.net/missing-operating-system-windows-7.html

3. sevenismagic

I imagine the hdd is bad. I tried to explain to the guy that the other guy most likely knew it was starting to go bad and unloaded the machine. HDDs are not expensive though. He did get a really sexy tower out of the deal...that's about it though.

Thing is he has no Windows 7 disk. :cry If he had consulted me before hand I would have told him to buy nothing from anyone without an OS disc at the very least.

That's a nice link. It showed him right off that he needs the disk.
    Cheers!

4. sevenismagic

Now I'm going to introduce him to Ubuntu. He wants to be a geek, so I think it's a good place to start him. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds