Missing Pins in LGA 775 socket

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Souvik, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Souvik

Souvik Private E-2

Hello,

Just bought a new ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS and turns out that 2 adjacent pins in the bottom right part are missing.

The retailer I bought it from refuses to acknowledge this and says this cannot be repaired or replaced because 'they didn't so it'.

I have a Dual-Core E2200 Proc (2.2 Ghz, 800 Mhz, 1MB).

I connected everything up and all seems to be well for the last two days.

I ran some burn-in tests on the CPU (Sandra and one other) and no errors were reported.

Just wanted to know if this will lead to future complications or errors?

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Did You have that plastic protector that you had to remove? Anyways, I sort of noticed that with my 775 socket but never thought it was a defect. Yu didn't cut off a couple off pins on the chip to make it fit I hope.;) My Q6600 is running perfectly.:) I wouldn't worry though the vendor's attitude needs a bit of adjusting.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Apologies for being flippant Souvik.

4. Souvik

Souvik Private E-2

No Man, The motherboard DID NOT have the plastic protector when I bought it. The shop owner actually fought with me when I told him there should be a protector... he said none of the ASUS boards come with the protector and I can have a look at his warehouse if I want to confirm that. DUMB! I did not bother talking to him after that....
    and NO, I did not cut any pins! Who would do that huh?????
    Update: I bought a new motherboard and sold the old one to my hardware vendor (BECAUSE IT WAS HIS TECH WHO BROKE THE PIN IN THE FIRST PLACE). Now the new motherboard is running absolutely fine.... So my hardware vendor's attitude has been adjusted and I'm HAPPY!!!!:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds