Missing Sound Card Driver - 82801DB AC'97

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sp32, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Sp32

Sp32 Private E-2

Hi I have checked around a few other forums but I am not sure if they will solve my problem, and I want support for me so I hope you don't mind me making this thread...

The problem is I installed xp professional for a friend and got it all working except for the sound... It is weird I can usually the get sound working straight away but it is very hard to find this driver!!

when I go to everest it says the sound card is "82801DB" I can't find out anymore thats the problem.. I will be able to tomorrow but not today as of the pc being at her house.. so I thought I would still search around a bit

so if you can get a hold of this driver it would be very useful!!

I think I may have to give you more info though.. :major

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

If you can post a model and maker for that PC, it would help greatly.
    "82801DB" could use several drivers. It depends on the manufacturer of the motherboard.

An Everest report would help even more.
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Now come back here to your thread.
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box (near the bottom of the page), scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box.

3. Sp32

Sp32 Private E-2

Cheers buddy, I will try and get one as soon as I can...

I think it also said ACH4 :)

4. Sp32

Sp32 Private E-2

No sound and can't find sound model or number?

Hi, I downloaded everest and tried finding out what my sound card is called so I can get some drivers for it but it says nothing for the multimedia - sound?!

I am very confused! The drivers what came with the disk don't work and error me!

I uploaded a report I hope you can fix this problem for me, if you need any other information just ask :)

Attached Files:

5. Sp32

Sp32 Private E-2

Re: No sound and can't find sound model or number?

[​IMG]

Sorry I couldn't edit my post so I did another one..

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

7. Sp32

Sp32 Private E-2

Hi, thanks for the help but the problem was to do with a bad windows xp installation, sorry for wasting your time!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds