Missing Taskbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by fangy, Mar 8, 2005.

1. fangy

fangy Private E-2

Hello, The PC i'm using has 3 user profiles, While browsing on one of the profiles the taskbar disappears, Could anyone tell me what could be causing this.
    Thanks Fangy :confused:

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Does it appear when you move the cursor (mouse) all the way to the bottom of the screen?

~ if YES, then it is set to 'Auto Hide', once the taskbar appears, right-click on it then click on 'Properties' and uncheck the option (clear the box) 'Auto-hide the taskbar'

3. fangy

fangy Private E-2

I've had a look at the properties but the auto hide is unchecked, When the taskbar disappears, Sometimes it will reappear when i move the cursor over it , other times it doesn't and I have to switch it off with the task manager.
    Thanks
    Fangy.

4. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

So you are saying even though it was already UNchecked, the system was acting like it was checked? If so, this may sound odd but, go ahead and check that option, reboot the machine, login as that user again and check the setting to see if it is still checked, if so go ahead and UNcheck it and the Apply it and see if it behaves afterwards.

5. fangy

fangy Private E-2

I've done what you said, So far all seems well. Thanks for taken the time to help me out with this. Fangy :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds