missing toolbar & start menu-Windows XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by partself, Dec 28, 2004.

1. partself

partself Private E-2

The start button and entire desktop toolbar has suddenly disappeared from Windows XP. I have attempted to see if it was hidden by "dragging" it from the bottom of the screen but the arrow icon never changes to the ?double pointer?. All other functions seem to be O.K. How can I restore it? Please help!!

2. champagne supernova

champagne supernova Private E-2

hmmm. can you still see your desktop icons?

3. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Try hitting F11. You may have "full screen view" on.

You may also try to see if the toolbar was moved to the right, left, or top of the screen, and hidden.

Also try restarting.

Let us know.

4. Marty4016

Marty4016 Private E-2

If your keyboard has a "Windows" button (look for the flying Windows logo), try pressing it to restore the Task Bar.

5. lesyeuxvert

lesyeuxvert Private E-2

I am having the exact same problem. It started when I was doing an install of a program and my comp overheated and rebooted itself during the install. I have since removed any traces of the program it was installing.

I *can* see and use all my desktop icons.
    I have tried pressing F11.
    I have tried looking with my mouse and it never turns into the double-arrow.
    I have tried pressing the windows button.

My only guess is perhaps some kind of registry problem? The registry has been restored however, and it still does not work.

Oh yes, another thing...when I log in under administrator, the problem does not exist.

~A

PS--if anyone can help me I'd be VERY appreciative...I can be reached more directly via aim (alyheartsyouxoxo) or email-- lesyeuxvert@gmail.com thank you very much.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds