Missing Wifi Hotspot

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ken_RM, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Ken_RM

Ken_RM Private E-2

Hi Guys
    I am on a Windows7 Pro laptop. I usually use a hotspot at Mac Donalds for internet connection. Recently their hotspot disappeared on my laptop. I no longer detect it, although my wife still detects it and is able to use it. I am still detecting the many other hotspots from nearby eateries/stores and am currently using my cellphone as a hotspot to get this message thru. It seems that the Mac Donalds hotspot now may be hidden or blocked on my laptop?
    Needing some kind sole to help me out of my missery.
    Cheers,
    Ken

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Is there a chance McDonalds is blocking you?
    McDonalds usually have a 30 to 60 minute limit, with some up to 3 hours. The reset time is also variable from permanent ban for repeated excessive use to 24 hours for just going over the time limit.

Don't access for a week, and if you still cannot get in and have not been excessive, talk to the manager.

3. Ken_RM

Ken_RM Private E-2

Hi DOA
    YOU CRACKED IT!!!!!!
    The problem has gone away. Turns out that when I last attempted a login, I used the wrong password, became confused, then used the wrong user name, then attempted to register again and all this confused the site into thinking I was a hacker. They subsequently locked me out for a few days, but now I can get in again.
    Thanks for the help offered.
    Cheers,
    Ken

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I've never had to use a username or a password at a McDonald's. This is in the US.

You do mean the fast food place McDonald's not a place that has wifi named Mac Donald's? (I have no experience with any Mac Donald's places.)

5. Ken_RM

Ken_RM Private E-2

Hi
    The fast food one. Not sure why I needed to login. It normally knows who I am. Anyway, with your very useful help the problem is now a gonna. Thanks again.
    Ken

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds