Missle Strikes Against Syria

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hitest, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

That's pretty bad for broadcast TV. I heard it here first.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

And so it begins.....

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I sure hope he went after the right folks.

5. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

6. casiasser

casiasser Private First Class

I think it is too bad that U.S. "only" fired 59 Tomahawk missiles,It is my opinion that Assad should be Bombed back to the stone age

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

He didn't since there was no clear evidence to suggest it was Syrian armed forces.
    When people are able to actually think clearly (which mainstream media banks on them not doing) there was ZERO benefit to Syria carrying out such an attack. No fundamentalist jihadist nut jobs, no useful targets.
    All the evidence shows it was a false-flag attack to make another nutter (ie Trump) respond, just like the Gouta attack in 2013 - USA CIA analysts ending up finding evidence it was a jihadist false-flag attack to put pressure on the West to respond.
    The USA, France, UK and Turkey have, covertly, been arming so-called 'rebels' in Syria since soon after the revolt started. The USA, France and UK physically and practically enabled the transfer of major weaponry from Libyan stocks to the so-called 'rebels' in Syria and MOST OF IT ended up in the hands of groups like Al Nusra - ISIS and Al Qaeda affiliates. Jihadist snipers murdered Syrians and Syrian police officers at the very beginning (2011) to encourage a Syrian hard response. Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been openly arming and funding the jihadists from the very beginning - openly.
    Saudi Arabians are the BIGGEST funders of extreme Islamist fundamentalists on the planet.
    ISIS sold OIL it gained from Libya to ISRAEL, who knowingly bought it knowing where it came from.
    Trump is happy to spend $55 million on bombing somewhere in Afghanistan, and the same in Syria but he wont give the money to repair the abysmally crumbling infrastructure of roads and bridges in many US states.

Whether you or I think Assad and his government are good or not is neither here nor there - Saudi Arabia is the most brutal torturing cesspit in the Middle East and the absolute CENTRE of extreme Islamist thought and was responsible for 9/11, and Bahrain is now imprisoning and torturing people who just speak their mind but I dont hear any of you blow hards suggesting we bomb them.

Russia is now the most sane nation in this affair, they aren't going to teach the US a military lesson but not many right-thinking people would care or disagree if they did.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It would not be Assad or any of his regime but the entire population of one of the richest cultures on the planet that would be further destroyed but then it's easy to pontificate from a country with a tiny and very well-educated and comparatively affluent population (mostly quite humane and civil) given they wont suffer.

9. Imandy Mann

I feel the strike proves 2 things. Assad and others should invest some of their time and money on recruiting a few electrical and electronic engineers and others to help build a defensive system capable of meeting their adversaries capabilities. And it seems the Russia military didn't give Assad enough help along these same lines to prevent this from happening.

10. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

mmm neither Syria nor Russia either have or spend anything remotely comparable to the USA on anything to do with defence. The issue is political and not military.

11. Imandy Mann

If they (anybody) have a chance of getting struck, they need to be building defenses. If there's a chance of getting hit, do you just sit and wait?

12. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Totally irrelevant to the situation anyway - a silly distraction. Why should they have to devote meagre resources to defending an attack from a bully for something it is suggested they did but for which there is no evidence?
    If you want to start a thread on how defence should be organised then start one. It isn't this one about an attack that was not much different to the bombing with Phosphorous on schools and hospitals in Gaza in 2008/09 - the USA didn't go and bomb the shite out of Israeli airbases did it. And no one bombed the shite out of US and UK forces when they they almost totally destroyed Fallujah in Iraq in 2003 with depleted Uranium munitions resulting in 1000s upon 1000s of deaths and post event malformations in several generations since and to this day.
    And neither did the USA go and bomb the shite out of airbases in Saudi Arabia when 19 of it citizens murdered 3000 and injured 6000 on 9/11 - it actually sold them even more weapons. US and UK weapons are currently murdering 1000s of civilians in Yemen and they just still supply even more. But no Yemeni is bombing the shite out of my country or your country.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  13. Imandy Mann

Well, good! If you think these people (gov) don't need defenses then they should take your advice.

These countries don't need voices, they need actual hardware to protect themselves.

If a neighborhood bully (gov) picks on the little kid on the block (population) who can say the kid doesn't have a friend on the next block.

Who's right or wrong doesn't really matter once the turmoil gets started. In the end, the victor may have a black eye, but the loser may have 2 black eyes.

14. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Thanks for your insight into the geopolitics of the Middle East - tweet to Trump that you are available to help him out. He needs it.

15. Imandy Mann

Actually never voted in my life. Don't even know if I'm qualified or not. But I pay a fair share of taxes so I support in a financially way who ever is in power! Not just the middle east even. Anywhere around the world!

Also never have used twitter and probably never will.

16. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

'TWEET' isn't 'vote'. But about 40% of the registered electorate in the USA never, ever vote because they don't see the point between two sides of the same coin. In my country I've voted in every election of every kind since I was eligible by age. It is a civic duty that most people understand, and remember from what country came the phrase 'No Tax without representation' - your adopted homeland 256 years ago.

17. Imandy Mann

How do you know this is the reason?

I pay taxes where I live and anywhere I go which isn't always the same.

18. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Well, apart from three+ decades of visiting the USA and discussions with 1000s of Americans in that time some of whom are long term friends, I've also read probably dozens of scholarly articles with verifiable mass research. Try it.

19. Imandy Mann

No thanks. I'll just read your words of wisdom and take it as accurate.

20. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Life is always richer if you do it yourself.

21. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

That animal has a history of doing this sort of thing. Use of chemical weapons is inexcusable. After autopsies in Turkey it was confirmed Sarin was used. As for the Commander in Chief I am bound to place myself in harms way for the person holding that position. I am glad the present Commander in Chief is not micro managing the position as some in the past have, but is confident enough in the experience of his personnel to let them have their say. As for Syria, Iran, and Russia, time will tell. It is comforting to know that some here have better intelligence gathering available to them than the POTUS. Le Pen 2017.

22. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

We know Sarin was used - we aren't stupid and we can read far better than you give us credit for - but you don't KNOW who organised the attack. Given the success of Assad in rolling back the murdering dogs of Islamic fundamentalists in Syria, his army had NO TARGETS where the Sarin was used - no military targets, no masses of ISIS people. He would have been totally and utterly MAD to have carried out the attack. The 2013 chemical attack in GOUTA was done my Islamists to pressure the west to intervene, the same is happening now. Cast your mind back to snipers on the hills above Sarajevo in the Balkan conflict all those years ago - most of them were BOSNIAN MUSLIMS murdering their own people in order to fool Clinton into going into that conflict - which they did.

If by 'that animal' you mean Assad it's simply untrue. If you want to use a term like 'animal' it applies to almost EVERY US President since 1950 since the USA and a few allies have murdered more people than any other regime. One million alone in Iraq between 2003 and 2008.

Assad represents a regime that factually many Syrians have problems with BUT there is NO record and NO evidence that he has EVER used chemical weapons since the conflict started in 2011.

In 2013 your OWN people in the CIA confirmed that the chemical attack in GOUTA was NOT committed by Syrian forces. And let's be clear about something that some Americans seem to be as blind as a bat about - who MAKES chemical weapons? The USA makes them. Who sold them to Saddam Hussain? The USA sold them to him.

Who used white phosphorous bombs on hospitals and schools in GAZA in 2008/9 burning people alive? ISRAEL. Who bombed their air bases because of it? NO ONE.
    So let's be clear for the hazy eyed - what evidence was there at the time of the US strike on Syrian airbases that Syria carried out the attack? NONE
    Who was it that killed 3000 people in the Twin Towers in 9/11? SAUDI ARABIAN born, raised and funded WAHABISTS.
    Who used depleted Uranium to wipe out 1000s of civilians in Fallujah and caused 1000s of babies born to residents (who didn't die) missing arms, legs and congenital health problems leading to deaths that continue to THIS DAY? The USA.

23. Imandy Mann

24. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I am wondering how these weapons are committing murder on their own. Just my .02, but maybe the ones doing the killings are the murderers, and they might even find other weapons if those were not available.

25. Imandy Mann

26. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Not really, since the US and UK are two of the very biggest arms manufacturers. Despite the use of those arms by Saudi Arabia breaching UK conditions, in that hospitals and schools have been directly hit, it is a travesty.
    So the sheer hypocrisy of attacking the Syria regime is nauseating.

27. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Here is a nice graphic of the sheer hypocrisy of 'leaders' who condemn something that they do themselves:
    17880684_1793611240954740_7857169748214752489_o.jpg

28. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

So again, you refuse to back up your statements. And again, you bounce around all over different topics. and post pictures and 'facts' without links. Have a nice Easter!

29. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

What statements? I've replied to your posts in detail.
    Tell me - when Israel used USA funded weapons including white phosphorous to bomb schools and hospitals in Gaza in 2009/9 why didn't the USA bomb Israeli airbases?
    When the USA murdered 1000s of civilians illegally using depleted Uranium in Fallujah in 2003 (following an ILLEGAL invasion) leading to birth deformities and deaths that continue to this day (just like in Horoshima and Nagasaki) would you have supported US air bases being bombed?
    Do you know what a HYPOCRITE is Fred?
    Your signature is a religious one - some Christian you are.
    All the people attacking Assad and Syria are self-admitted believers in one religious faith or another. Thank goodness that like Richard Dawkins - author of the world-wide best seller 'The God Delusion' - I'm an atheist. Since every single organised 'faith' and every single leading Theist is a hypocrite.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  30. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Hey guys. My initial post was a statement about missile strikes in Syria. Perhaps we should calm down so the thread doesn't get locked? A suggestion.

31. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

32. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Yes but not to bomb and kill people - as the strikes ordered by Trump did - who had nothing to do with the Sarin attack. That's why Obama held back in 2013 after the Gouta Sarin attack because until much later he didn't have the evidence for who actually did it. In the event it was the so-called 'rebels'.
    Women, children, babies and ill people were killed and maimed and permanently injured in hospitals, schools and UN relief centres in Gaza 2008/9 with the use of white phosphorous bombs. We knew who did that and who they got the weaponry from. But no one was punished apart from a very scathing UN report that decided a nation state was guilty.
    And it wasn't a 'minor' issue there in 2008/9, and neither was it a 'minor' issue in Fallujah in 2003 when 1000s were murdered with depleted Uranium, 1000s injured and several generations of offspring killed or maimed by birth deformities that still continues. Neither was it a 'minor' issue when Saddam Hussain gassed 100s of Marsh Arabs with chemical weapons sold to him by the USA who knew full well then what he might do.
    It wasn't a 'minor' issue when the Indonesian dictator Suharto with the full knowledge and arms and funding support from the USA murdered 100s or 1000s of East Timorese.
    It wasn't a 'minor' issue when the dictator Pinochet - with active help funding and support from the USA mounted an illegal coup of an elected government and murdered at least 3000 named Chileans, tortured much greater numbers, and had one of the leading figures of the elected Chilean government assassinated in the USA on US soil while the CIA and FBI shut its 'eyes'.
    It wasn't a 'minor' issue when the Egyptian regime under Hosni Mubarak murdered and tortured people on a DAILY basis for over FORTY years with the full support, funding and arming by the USA.

33. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

This line 'Suharto with the full knowledge and arms and funding support from the USA murdered 100s or 1000s of East Timorese.' should read '100s OF 1000s'

34. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Oh, and by the way Eldon who is it that Trump is now crowing friends with and postulating on a great relationship with? The very man who has literally smashed the Arab Spring in Egypt - the 2015 Egyptian coup leader General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi who overthrew the ELECTED post-Mubarak government of Egypt who has imprisoned 1000s without trial, 'disappeared' large numbers, made sure that Mubarak was 'released' from prison and is smashing any democracy there. It's all deja-vu - it's the same as is Iran and Iraq coups in the 50s, Chile in 70s and all the Juntas in Brazil, Argentina et al - organised, supported, armed and funded by the USA. They also tried it twice in Venezuela!
    When people blithely talk about 'terrorist' states there is only ONE of them in the world and we know which one it is.

35. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I did not defend Trump. My post is about the direct/indirect impact of the war on millions of people - I'm trying to look at the bigger picture.
    Whomever the quilty parties were/are, that worthless money wasting organisation called the UN has done virtually nothing. And people are dying. :mad:

36. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

The war in Syria wasn't started by its state under Assad. It was started by brutal Islamic fundamentalists. From day one they were armed and funded by, in this order, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the gulf states, Turkey then by the USA, UK and France. The USA, France and UK intelligence services with the approval of their governments SECRETLY facilitated the transfer of massive tonnages of high spec armoury to Syria for use by - they say - the ''respectable rebels' the 'official' rebels (led by mostly lying pieces of corrupt shite who had become wealthy under both Assad leaderships) but the vast bulk of that armoury and weaponry miraculously ended up in the hands of groups like the Al Nusra Front, the extreme fanatic Islamic fundamentalists who routinely torture, decapitate and hang up people they see as an enemy, the type who orchestrated 9/11, the type who say exactly the things the character - Abu Nazir - in the Showtime TV series 'Homeland' said 'it may take a century or two but we will WIPE YOU PEOPLE off the face of the earth'. These are the people who through the help of those countries listed escalated the Syrian crisis to where it is now: a massive part of the most historic country in the entire Middle East has been destroyed FOREVER. It is the USA sponsored states that have brought that about, so actually politically and militarily the USA has the greatest responsibility since NONE of those gulf states could have done what they have without USA agreeing to it or simply looking the other way. That's not Trump - that's both Bushes, Clinton and Obama - they should all be hanging from rough ropes.
    Remember the mess created in Iraq that hasn't stopped and will NOT stop anytime soon or at all? OUR countries did that NOT Hussain. Libya? The most progressive state in the Middle East where everyone - including all women - had equal rights, free education from cradle to university, free health care and FREE HOUSING? Now it is a cesspit of tribal power leading to mass poverty and lawlessness. OUR countries did that - NOT Gadaffi.

The UN was made a poodle for Western arrogance the moment the US & UK illegally invaded Iraq based on known and total LIES.

37. Imandy Mann

they should all be hanging from rough ropes.

We all already know your past feeling and statements. And it always comes around to an icon or statement of total disrespect and even acting out through verbage a violent act. Enough of you..

38. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Max, the personal attacks, while not unexpected, should have no place in here. Good day Sir.

39. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Max, knock off the negativity. It is uncalled for.

40. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It is a worldwide view that the USA organised coups in Iran and Iraq, Chile, and the invasion of Iraq in 2003 were all 100% illegal. The fact you don't agree with that, along with a minority of US citizens (the majority concur with the worldwide view) is of no consequence.
    As for the little raps about 'negativity' it's the common refrain when a solitary opinion confronts the people who don't use their analytical skills any further than watching and believing Fox news and proven corrupt politicians.

41. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It happened to Gadaffi and Hussain and if it's OK to hang them then it's OK to hang any other war criminal. And outside of China, the USA executes more people who have been found guilty of murder than anywhere else..except the large number who after the event turned out to be innocent.

42. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

I don't watch Fox news or TV in general. I don't appreciate that you've hijacked my thread for the opportunity to pontificate about your political agenda. You're starting to remind me of Wile E. Coyote.

43. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

What was your intent?

44. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

No one has hijacked anything. You posted a factual news link about a decision to bomb Syrian government air bases in response to a Sarin attack before establishing evidence for who carried it out. That creates a debate. You are now being supremely disingenuous by hurling attacks at the resulting debate. If you didn't want that debate then you shouldn't have posted the link.
    In fact, you haven't posted a single comment about the issue itself. All you have done is throw spurious attacks.

45. ragmacaron

ragmacaron Private E-2

I do not want to see the news when its about Syria and involves children. I find it very inhumane.

46. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Agreed. The news out of Syria is indeed horrific. I hope that the civil war comes to an end soon.

47. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

That's very simple - don't watch, read or listen to any news media on TV, radio, internet, press. Or turn it off when news about Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Palestine or Afghanistan appear - they all involve dead, injured and mutilated children.

48. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

MIT expert claims latest chemical weapons attack in Syria was staged.
    A leading weapons academic has claimed that the Khan Sheikhoun nerve agent attack in Syria was staged, raising questions about who was responsible.
    Theodore Postol, a professor emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), issued a series of three reports in response to the White House's finding that Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad perpetrated the attack on 4 April.
    He concluded that the US government's report does not provide any "concrete" evidence that Assad was responsible, adding it was more likely that the attack was perpetrated by players on the ground.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/mit-expert-claims-latest-chemical-100819428.html

49. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

50. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

The Lounge
    Hang out and have some fun with your fellow Majorgeeks! Enough said. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds