Mistake on neweggs website - What should i do?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dave5872, Jun 3, 2004.

1. dave5872

dave5872 Private E-2

I ordered a Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro from newegg and received an inferior part. The website stated that it was a 256 bit retail card, but I received a 128 bit OEM version of the 9800 pro (I wasn't even aware there was such an animal). I do believe it was an honest mistake, they did acknowledge it (and have since changed the description of the part that I ordered) and agreed to take the part back without a restocking fee and give me a $10 credit for shipping. I originally wanted a 9600 pro, but jumped at the oportunity to get a 9800 pro for only $20 more. Should I go through the trouble of sending it back, and RMA BS, and being without a computer for a week or more, or should I say "I got a slightly beefed up version of what I originally wanted" and be happy?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I think the 9600 is also 128bit, but the 9800 is better even though it's memory bw is effectively cut in half. It's still better than what you would have gotten. If you have to pay full price for a 9800 pro 256bit bus then I'd just be happy that you got what you got.

3. acejones

acejones A Different Title

i agree with kodo-san

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds