MLB.com live streaming video always freezes up

Discussion in 'Software' started by seair, Jul 27, 2009.

1. seair

seair Private E-2

Hi all.
    I've got the mlb.com baseball package. However, the video always ends up freezing or stop and go. Sometimes it will work fine for as long as 2 min. Sometimes if I let it run, it corrects itself. Other times it freezes my pc. This has been going on since I subscribed about 2-3 weeks ago. I've tried every setting as far as display properties, text size, shutting off security center so there would be no background programs running. Including windows update. Still no luck. I've also tried disabling the display adapter, rolled back driver , updated driver. Every time I log in, I get this message after clicking the error icon on the MLB screen:Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
    Line: 48
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    http://mlb.mlb.com/flash/mediaplayer/v4/R18/MP4.jsp?calendar_event_id=x-200xxxxx9-07-27&content_id=5706021&media_id=&view_key=&media_type=video&source=MLB&sponsor=MLB&clickOrigin=Media[/url] Grid&affiliateId=Media Grid&team=mlb&.
    I did change a few #'s after the id= with xes just in case for security reasons. Any suggestions out there on what I can do? No sense extending my sub with the results I'm getting right now.
    Thanks and sorry for the long post.
    Also, running windows vista home premium on a dell xps m1210. Nvidia GeForce Go 7400

I forgot to mention: I had avira many moons ago. However , I removed it but windows still tells me that avira is one of my programs.
    I've been trying for months to correct it, but no luck. CC cleaner didn't work either.

Using internet explorer

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

since you did't post the hardware specs I am gonna take a shot in the dark here

I looked up the hardware specs on that machine I am gonna assume thats in HD the processor is just not fast enough to decode HD [ if you have the 1.66 ghz model that is ] you need a 2.0 or better to play HD video. try lowering the desktop screen resolution and see if that helps

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2965&review=XPS+M1210+Review

3. seair

seair Private E-2

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    It's 2.33 GHz. Yea, it (MLB program) ends up always "switching to standard mode". And it still does the same thing.
    It still does it by changing the resolution. I've actually tried all resolutions available. Still no luck.
    I'm stuck...

Do you think this is a software or hardware prob?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Seems the MLB site has had many issues since moving from Microsoft Sliverlight to Adobe Flash, but what i would be tempted to do is to uninstall Adobe Flash, and to do this download and run this Uninstaller (make sure no IE browser windows are open)

Then download and install the lastes Adobe Flash Player from here

If that doesnt work then double check the FAQ here and make sure Javascript, cookes etc are enabled

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds