Mobile Phone Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Laskid, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Laskid

Laskid Private First Class

I posted this in the lounge, but it was suggested that I post here.

I was thinking about ordering a bluetooth card for my PC to compliment the Motorola RAZR V3 that I just ordered. Is it worth it to transfer pics and ringtones instead of using the cable?

Also, are the usb adaptors as good as the pci cards?

Thx in advance for any opinions.

2. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

As I know most of the Bluetooth can not fix to many kind of mobile phone, except you order it from Motorlla phone. In my country they were made by China, so If I was you when I wanna get it, I go to and test it at shops. If they work together Your wonders to be done.
    Just being my opinion.

3. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

I forgot Bluetooth can be use by USB port

4. Laskid

That's not a bad idea. I think I will check out some stores to test it first. Thanks.

My previous post was moved to this section, so any further posts should go here. Thanks.

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Bluetooth is a standard, so all bluetooth devices should be able to communicate with each other. I have a Nokia 7610 and a D-Link USB Bluetooth adapter and they work just fine together. I prefer the Bluetooth over cable since you don't have to find the cable when it falls behind your desk. That's really the only difference between Bluetooth and Wired connections.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Bluetooth may be fine. Though, that just opens up a big hole in your cellphone. Bluetooth viruses are not very rampid now, but they do exist. I'd just be careful.

How would I be careful? I'd turn off the bluetooth functionality and use a cable instead.

Also, why do you want a razr v3? I originally was thinking about picking one up when they first came out, then I started reading reviews and finding out that they are "feature poor" phones. Mainly used for showing off what a visually cool phone you have.

Still looks neat though.

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I picked up an LG vx6100 w/camera , no BT because I didn't want peolpe screwing with my phone. I even turn of BT on my PDA. If i need to transfer pics, I'll just go out and buy the cable or use the image service provided by my carrier (verizon).

8. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

Yeah, Bluetooth virus is very harmful, I do not know exactly what kind of it but it make my phone's processing too slow

9. Laskid

The whole "I'm cool" factor is one of the reasons that I didn't want the phone initially. I fought it, and I fought it, but it's the thinnest phone on the market with nothing coming out that is comparable (at the same price point). I'm just tired of having a bulky phone projecting it's image through my pocket, so I gave up on some of the features that I wanted (mp3 storage, radio).

From what I hear, it's actually a very nice PHONE. The way technology is nowadays we get kinda feature greedy, but when it's all said and done, it is just a phone. After a few months I always stop playing with the toys and simply use it for talking anyway. Then after another few months I want a new one with lots of toys!

10. theefool

theefool Geekified

Yeah, I prefer lotsa features with my toys. I'm waiting on GPS to come built in. Like my old japanese cell phone had.

11. Laskid

I was looking at the Samsung P777 because it had everything that I wanted, but the bulk kinda turned me off...also typing out a number gave me a hell of a cramp. The buttons are just too small.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds