mobo battery replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by urbmd, Jan 27, 2008.

1. urbmd

urbmd Private E-2

I am getting warnings on startup of my Dell dimension 8250 that the system battery voltage is low, but the computer is running fine otherwise.

If I replace the Mobo battery, is it automatic that I will have to manually reset the entire bios afterward (which could take a while) or does the bios sometimes hold?

2. Dell_CA

Dell_CA Private E-2

Hello,

My name is Mike, I’m a Technical Analyst at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I read your question and wanted to chime in.

If you remove the CMOS battery it will reset your BIOS settings back to factory default. Sometimes, if you’re quick enough, I’ve seen it keep it’s settings, but usually not. I would go into your BIOS and record all of the changes made so you have a quick reference if needed. I hope this answers your question.

Mike
    Dell customer advocate

3. monkeytoys

monkeytoys Private E-2

have you changed anything in the bios? it doesn't sound like you have. if not, when you change the battery, it will use default settings which you were probably using anyway. you won't have to go into the bios and do anything. just swap out the battery, put the cover back on, plug the cables back up, and start the computer back up like usual.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds