mobo only liking one video card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N5638J, Oct 28, 2007.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

ok this is what i am thinking when i go to upgrade my main rig i am gonna take some of the parts out it like the EVGA 6800GS CO video card and put it in my backup rig but heres the thing the AOPEN AX4B-533 mobo in the backup rig don't like video cards right now the only card that seems to work in it is a Geforce 5200 and thats it i have tried a ATI 9200 and a Geforce 4200 and such but it will not post just starts beeping. anyone got any ideas?

oh a side note can stuff just go missing off hdd's for no reason? Like games and such?

2. Zato-1

Zato-1 Private E-2

Have the boards that cause beeping been tested anywhere else but that pc?

And yes, stuff can disappear, files, whole folders, and movies etc. My friend had the same problem it was a combination of a hardware failure in the HDD itself, and a problem in its MFT (IIRC)

Run scandisk (from Start>Run) with the following parameters (Don't include the quotes) :

"chkdsk D: -X -F"
    [this is assuming D is the volume you wanna check for problems]

The X will force the volume to dismount so if its your main system volume you'll be asked to schedule a scan on next boot.

If that fails to fix anything (my friend's lost folders "came back" after he did this, but just if..)

rerun it like so:

"chkdsk -x -r"
    [this will attempt to recover lost data, if you have bad sectors]

Lastly, if you manage to recover anything back it up on any other disk and take the HDD in for maintenance, chances are if it's in warranty they'll exchange it for you, tho i dunno if it can be fixed.

Hope that helps

3. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Yes the video cards that caused beeping worked in other systems. I will run that scandisk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds