Mobo Overheat Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by n0r4d, Apr 13, 2007.

1. n0r4d

n0r4d Private E-2

Ok Im back once again in need of assistance. i have done extensive searching to figure out what part of my mobo speedfan calls "temp 3" [​IMG]
    This is a image of speedfan and i cannot for the life of me figure out what part of my mobo is running at 158F i have a Gigabyte GA K8NE, with a athlon 64 2800+ i have a brandnew aftermarket thermaltake heatsink and fan on the proc. and a external 20" box fan on hi blowing into the machine to keep it cool. but the temp stays the same. is this some type of software error. i was thinking it could be my North bridge because after reaching in and touching the heat sink and burning the hell out of my finger i put a fan on it also but the temp in speedfan does not change.......

ok computer guru gods, ive spent over 2 weeks pounding my head aginst the keyboard, i would really hate to see another one bite the dust. anyone got any ideas? :D

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Might be your North bridge,South Bridge or Chipset. I think its your Chipset because i heard of Chipsets getting that hot. Hope you solve it

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

4. n0r4d

n0r4d Private E-2

Yea I have a feeling its the North Bridge, cuz man the heatsink on it burned the hell out of my finger the other day, but i dont get any temp. change after installing a fan on it. Now the question is, how long will this chip hold up running that hot.

Shane thanks for the links, i downloaded a couple of appz and will be installing them when i get home from work. Also noting the fan 2, that speed went up after i installed the new thermaltake CPU H.S. and im thinking its the normal speed. but i greatly appreciate your concern. But as for now... its time to go make news. :D (Ima a photojournalist, big word for camera man lol)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds