Mobo/video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bunkachunk, Oct 29, 2009.

1. bunkachunk

bunkachunk Private E-2

HI, I JUST BOUGHT A ASROCK 775 DUALVSTA MOBO, THE VIDEO CARD SUPPORT LIST FROM ASROCK FOR VIDEO CARDS SUCK, AND ARE HARD TO GET OR ARE JUST TO MUCH MONEY. THE MOBO IS A SOCKET 775 AND CAN USE BOTH AGP AND PCIE.:major I WANT TO USE THE PCIE AND GET THE GEFORCE 9600GSO. MY QUESTION IS THIS,, DO I HAVE TO STICK TO THE SUPPORT LIST PROVIDED BY ASROCK FOR THE 775 DUALVSTA MOBO?, OR CAN I BUY WHAT I WANT IN THE PCIE MARKET AND USE THE DRIVERS PROVIDED BY THE MAKER OF THE VIDEO CARD.

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Firstly I assume you bought this mobo so you could recycle your parts (DDR RAM, etc)?

The "suggested" VGA list is broken down into OS (I assume only several will be able to run Vista) will the rest can run XP.

It only has a PCI-e x4 whereas the standard is PCI-e x16, the AGP doesn't even list it's multi?!?

Do you really want this mobo? It is a hybrid yes but that means it is crippled for PCI-e and DDR2 potential. You may want to consider another mobo?

Normally I would say it wouldn't matter what sort of Video Card you bought for "single" mode it would be ok, but with this Hybrid mobo I am not confident.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.asp?Model=775Dual-VSTA

http://www.asrock.com/mb/vga.asp?Model=775Dual-VSTA&s=775

3. bunkachunk

bunkachunk Private E-2

Hi, and thank you for the quick re-sponce. Im building an extra computer for nephew,and wanted to get away from the socket a mobo. What i have is a compaq presario nx3000sn. Six years old w/ geforce 5500 . Ive up graded the hd to a 500gb sata, useing a pata to sata adapter. I bought a new case, nzxt beta, great case buy the way, and i wanted to upgrade the cd/dvd from 18x to 24x. I also wanted to use the memory i have. Thuse the reason i bought the asrock 775 dualvsta mobo. The best of both worlds. Can you suggest a video card up grade that uses the 4x pcie. Or do you think im wasting my money useing this mobo?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds