Model No. of Processor in PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dumb_Question, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Dumb_Question

Dumb_Question Sergeant Major

A simple question to ask -

How do I find out the exact processor model number that is my PC ? (without looking at the back of the processor, i.e, a software based method)

I am asking this with Intel processors in mind, in order to determine how I can find out the S-spec number, the Rxxxxxx number (tray) or/and the Bxxxxx (individually boxed) number, which provide a unique (except for the R and B cases, each of which may, I think, each have a number of S-spec numbers associated).

Dumb_Question
    7.August.2013

for example I'd like to find the model of processor in the PC of the system properties shown in the attached picture ?

Attached Files:

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

3. Dumb_Question

Attached Files:

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

CPU-Z is the best utility in finding out RAM, CPU, GPU info. You can also use Speccy.

5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm not sure there is any software that does that, the info does not appear to be in the Registry, which is where most software check; if the hardware doesn't report it ...

6. Dumb_Question

Thank you all for your suggestions, gentlemen.

I have Speccy and CPU-Z and they both provide useful information, as you suggest Brownizs, but alas, as satrow implies, neither of these programs tell me the numbers I am looking for.

The best I could do is take the information I was able to get, and feed it into www.cpu-world.com, but even this was not enough as there was still some confusion in my mind over socket type. The 479 pin chip sits in a 478 pin socket, if I have that correct - Speccy reports Package: 479 mPGA. Seeking on that in cpu-world returns 0 matches but a 479 BGA, yet speccy says mPGA, the issue is resolved by researching the background to 479 pin CPU's, which fit into certain 478 pin sockets. cpu-world's entry for the processor given below actually gives both a 'package' and a 'socket' entry...the parameters for my CPU (IBM T41) are (I reckon) RH80535GC0211M, BXM80535GC1500E, SL6F9 or SL7M8 (have to look up how to decipher an S-spec)

It's not as easy as I thought it might have been, but maybe it is as satrow suggests

Dumb_Question
    8.August.2013

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

If the CPU is from an OEM (Dell, HP, etc.) machine or a laptop, it's not going to be a boxed version.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds